Monica Parker was guest key note speaker, courtesy of Corporate Partner Shape (formerly ISIS Group, at the recent Melbourne and Sydney Breakfasts with The Bunch. 70+ members connected over an early morning ride, followed by breakfast with Monica’s presentation – The Competitive Advantage of Engagement. Monica shared numerous insights on organisational engagement with the ‘intersection of people and space’ including:
- businesses that gave their teams greater control, grew 4 times faster
- loneliness is the ‘new smoking’, with isolation of workers a growing problem
- ‘worshipping at the alter of over-work’ is a killer on all fronts – a key reason why 71% of workers are not engaged
- 18% of dis-engaged employees actually seek to undermine their co-workers’ success
- 1 in 3 workers is looking for another job and 1 in 4 intend to jump ship within a year
- time for contemplation is fundamental to efficient operations and innovation in the workplace.
Monica Parker is founder of HATCH, TEDtalks presenter, Huffington Post blogger and an international workplace authority.